Friday, April 3, 2009

Almond Tarts

So I had a few requests for these yummy treats. The recipe comes from my mother-in-law and they are a staple at family gatherings. I am not sure of the cost of the almond paste (also known as marzipan) since I get it in bulk.

1 stick of butter
1 C flour
3 oz. cream cheese

Filling:

1 C almond paste
2 small eggs
1 C sugar

Bake at 375 for 15-20 min.

Mix together first 3 ingredients. Make balls (24-28) and press into ungreased mini muffin tins. (Should look like little cups) I use my mixer for this part. Make sure not to over mix.

For filling: Mix ingredients together. I use my food processor for this part. Once mixed use small spoon and place into little muffin tins.

Cost: estimate

Minus the almond paste these treats run around $1.20 for a batch. I would estimate the almond paste at $8/lb. So, a cup would run around $4.

Print a copy of the Almond Tart recipe!

1 comment:

green bean said...

I'm so glad you shared this recipe. I love these!